Kaizen Brand Evolution, seek a super star!
We are privileged to work with clients such as Boojum, Punchestown Racecourse, Cinemagic as well as Slim’s Healthy Kitchen. We are looking for a super star to help us add value, and a creative spin, to our digital web design.
This vacancy will require you to have some serious skills. You’ll need to be highly detailed with the ability to be given a brief and work to your own creative ideas whilst being able to meet tight deadlines. We need someone proactive, talented and not afraid to work on a range of different projects. You’ll be a key member of the team collaborating very closely with the business founders and driving forward our projects. It is a very exciting opportunity.We’ll be giving preference to candidates with a stellar portfolio.
Is this you?
- A persistent and curious mind that likes to discover, implement and fix broken things
- Thrive in a creative and demanding environment
- Excited to be a part of a creative team
- Partial to the odd cake or whatever treat suits your fancy
- Capable of providing and taking on board constructive criticism
- Great communicator of ideas
- Eat, sleep and breathe clean code and good architecture / design
- Primed with industry best practices for modern web development
- Analytical approach to development
Then get in touch, we’d love to hear from you…
Applicants should have
- Knowledge of using WordPress and building within framework
- A solid grounding in web development
- Experience in using responsive HTML and CSS
- Core understanding of good user experience
- Exceptional problem solving skills
- Competency in taking projects from brief to completion
- Web scraping skills
- Stripe & PayPal Integration
- NET, C#, MsSQL
- Amazon MWS (not essential)
- Ability to communicate confidently with the team
- Experience of working with APIs
- An excellent eye for detail
- A fun and positive attitude
You will be working closely with the Design Director working on a number of projects including web design and build (frontend, backend), App development for iOS and Android, and emerging tech.
Depending on the project and tasks at hand you will also be working with the creative team; from offering suggestions, alternative solutions, brainstorming and getting involved in the creative process to delivering awesome results and reaching the end game. Within the Creative and Digital team you will be responsible for completing a mixture of external client and internal team requests.
As part of your role, you will also be expected to attend meetings, occasionally chat to clients, delegate tasks where appropriate, provide clear milestones for project delivery and to raise potential issues or concerns with team leaders along the way.
The main responsibilities for this role are
- Reach or exceed our expectations with solutions to the brief
- Efficient ability to trace and fix bugs, enhance performance and implement feature requests in a timely manner
- Communicate effectively and work well with the wider team
High quality of work to ensure pixel perfect delivery across a range of devices
- Eagerness to shape the direction of our future services and working practices
- Managing your own time and dealing with the pressures of tight deadlines.
- 3+ years experience
- .NET, C and C#
- Demonstration of HTML/CSS/JS – HTML5 modern web standard skills
- Understanding of Test Driven Development
- Competency in WordPress
- Experience/Evidence of version control systems i.e. Github or Bitbucket
- Ability to create exactly the end product from visual designs from designer
- E-commerce skills
- Experience with modern RESTFUL services such as Prismic.io and CMS frameworks like Laravel and Symphony
- Familiarity with LAMP stack set-up and maintenance
- CMS experience of Craft, Kirby, Keystone JS, Umbraco
- Knowledge of XSLT templating language would put the candidate in a favourable position
What you need to do
Send us your CV and include any links to github/completed work online – we would like to see your code where possible in order to see your thought process.
- We receive your CV and give it a good read over a cuppa or two
- We then select a shortlist of potential candidates
- The successful candidates will be invited for interview where they will be expected to demonstrate their skills
- One very skilled coder will be offered the post here at Kaizen Brand Evolution and start their journey as part of the Creative & Digital Team
If you are tenacious with a competitive nature, have copious amounts of self motivation, drive and determination then this could be the ideal opportunity for you!
Importantly, you will need to demonstrate our core values: TRUST, SUPPORT, ACCOUNTABILITY, RESPECT, PROFESSIONALISM, PRIDE and AMBITION.
Commensurate with experience
Pay Day Lunches
Positive work culture
Medical care package after successful probation
Send your creative portfolio, CV and salary expectation to email@example.com before Friday 30 August 2019 to be in with a shout. As we are equal opportunities employer we ask that you download a monitoring form from our careers page on our website to complete and anonymously return to HR at Kaizen Brand Evolution, First Floor, 3 Jennymount Court, North Derby Street, Belfast BT15 3HN to fulfil your application.